[Asterisk-Users] MeetME Conferencing

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Fri May 12 06:49:27 MST 2006

Damon Estep wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a sample or information on using MeetMe like this?
>

> Conference room is set up with 2 PINs, one for the moderator and one
> for the participants.
>
> Participants get music until the moderator joins (to avoid wild,
> un-moderated tangents).
>
> Call is ended and all participants are kicked out when the moderator
> leaves (or the moderator can kick everyone out via phone keypad).
>

> Asking too much, or simple stuff?
>

> Damon

Latest version of Web-MeetMe will do this, but it is definitely of the
add-on variety.

You can do it pure dial plan if you are willing to have a menu that says
"Press 1 to join as admin, Press 2 to join as participant". Then you
simply set the meetme options accordingly. The "A" (mark user) combined
with "a" (admin) and "w" (wait for marked user) are the key options
here. With a little agi magic, you could have a single entry point
without the user specifying whether they were admin or participant.

Mike Clark