[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk & BRI in the USA - Episode 2 "The Phantom Sales Rep"

Mark Coccimiglio n3whx at amsat.org
Fri May 12 00:39:13 MST 2006

Hey all here's an update.

    I do care to thank everyone for your information on BRI interfaces
that operate in USA/NA.  I know the responses are were limited, but the
selection of hardware is also limited. (Shame because BRI would fit my
needs perfectly).  To continue, it's now been over 4 weeks since I last
talked to the ILEC sales rep about pricing and plans.  Unfortunately
there has been no response.  Which does not surprise me.  I had an issue
with DSL with the ILEC basically looking to migrate to bigger pipe and
was "shined on" then.  So i've decided to take the plunge into VoIP.
Got asterisk up and running, works wonderful.  Beats an SPA-3000 by a
long shot (but that's the difference between a real system and a simple
FXO gateway...no surprise here).  So now I'm looking into VoIP providers
that service Hawaii.  I would need 1 DID on each of the islands and
possibly an 8xx toll free number.  I am looking into IAX.CC (SixTel).  I
wanted to know peoples take on this company.  Hard price to beat, but I
wonder what the network is like.  Has anyone here had much experience
with them?  Can anyone make a recommendation for a quality ITSP that has
a/c 808 DiD's?  Is FoIP possible with any of these guys?

As always your (non)professional opinion matters.

Aloha,

Mark C.