[Asterisk-Users] RE: [PROBLEM] Still exist --> DTMF Tones occures in Asterisk - Channelwide

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu May 11 20:44:05 MST 2006

I don't see anything obviously wrong with your configs.

You don't want relaxdtmf.  That can cause the problem, not fix it.

In sip.conf [general] put context=INVALID  It's easy to configure
Asterisk to accept calls from unauthenticated devices.  Putting that
context line in [general] will make sure that, if a device trying to
make a call via your server and does not have a matching sip.conf entry,
the call will fail with a message on the CLI.  If you have a typoe in
sip.conf you'll see it pretty fast.

I don't recall if Asterisk listens for inband DTMF in addition to the
dtmfmode= you set.  I suspect it does.  Make SURE each SIP device is set
to the same dtmfmode as you have for that device in sip.conf.  I
recommend using dtmfmode=rfc2833 for all devices, regardless of which
codec they use.

Stefan Agethen wrote:

>>> I have updated my Kernel and the first day it seems like my problem
>>> was solved, but its not.
>
>> The problem is called "talkoff".  Search the mailing list archives.
>> Also post your sip.conf and zaptel.conf (sans passwords, of course)
>
> Thx, now got my problem a name!
>
> Here is my sip.conf and zaptel.conf :
>
> SIP---
> [general]
> port = 5060
> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
> externhost=agethen.no-ip.org
> localnet=10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0
> srvlookup=yes
> fromdomain=10.0.0.60
> language=de
> tos=0x18
> nat=yes
> disallow=all
> allow=alaw
> allow=g726
> defaultexpirey=3600
> maxexpirey=3600
> <<REGISTER-STATEMENTS>>
> register=xx:xx at sip.pbx-network.de/xx
> [pbx1]		;VOIP Provider
> bindport=5060
> username=xx
> type=peer
> secret=xx
> qualify=no
> insecure=very
> host=sip.pbx-network.de
> fromuser=xx
> fromdomain=pbx-network.de
> context=voip_eingehend
> canreinvite=no
> dtmfmode=info
> tos=0x18
> [...] Now there are many SIP Phone and VOIP Provider Contexts - too much
> for here, i think.
>
> ZAPTEL---
> fxoks=1
> fxoks=2
> fxoks=3
> fxoks=4
> loadzone= de
> defaultzone= de
>
> Can RelaxDTMF do something for me ?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Stefan

Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.