[Asterisk-Users] Issue for RE-INVITE with G.729

hoathai at vngt.vn hoathai at vngt.vn
Thu May 11 20:38:55 MST 2006

Hello List

I have setup Asterisk with incoming and outgoing peers.
In the extension.conf, I have enabled both G.729 and GSM.

Everything worked fine for incoimng calls and outgoing calls.

Now, I configure RE-INVITE (with canreinvite=yes in both incoming and
outgoing peers) to have the RTP media traffic not pass through Asterisk
(SIP Signaling only)

When I enable GSM in my UA Softphone (X-TEN), RE-INVITE worked well. I can
have incoing calls, outgoing alls, and RTP go directly between peers, not
through Asterisk.

But if I enable G.729 in my UA Softphone, I can make one good RE-INVITE
call, and one bad call, and 2 good call, then one bad call, etc.

Pls note that G.729 worked well when I disable RE-INVITE (canreinvite=no
in boot peers), so RTP go thrugh Asterisk box.

I get G.729 educational codec from
http://kvin.lv/pub/Linux/Asterisk/

Anyone have experienced this issue, pls. share your idea.

Brgds

Hoa Thai Duy