[Asterisk-Users] Call parking from legacy PBX over PRI??

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Thu May 11 05:50:10 MST 2006

I have an issue with call parking and hope there is some undocumented feature for this. ;-)

We are replacing our legacy PBX with asterisk, but to save money over time (handsets and network), I am trying to maintain the use
of our legacy PBX.
Asterisk extensions can not use the call parking features (not usable over trunk cards) of the old PBX, so I have to get the old PBX
to use asterisk's.

Problem:
If I park a cal from an asterisk extension, it works fine.
If I park a call from Legacy PBX extension, It will not call back the proper extension and will make all extensions on our old PBX
ring.
The issue is that the call parking feature retains the cannel to reconnect on timeout.
This is fine for SIP, because the cannels includes the destination.
On a ZAP PRI trunk, it retains ZAP/25, which only makes it call back the old PBX, not an extension.
My front desk is still on the Legacy PBX.

Two hopes:
1. The call parking feature can be changed to reconnect to the caller ID of the parker instead of the channels ID.
or
2. I can set a timeout extension (front desk) for all parked calls.  This would be acceptable, because most users either just use
hold or a blind transfer.  It is normally only the front desk that parks calls and even if a user did, the front desk can handle
their timeout.

features.conf:
[general]
parkext => 5400    ; What ext. to dial to park
parkpos => 5401-5409   ; What extensions to park calls on
context => parkedcalls   ; Which context parked calls are in
parkingtime => 120   ; Number of seconds a call can be parked for (default is 45 seconds)

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org