[Asterisk-Users] H323 calls will not stay connected

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Thu May 11 01:10:54 MST 2006

Daren J. Howell DTCommunication wrote:
> I have restricted the asterisk server to G711 to match the choice on the
> PBX, and still same result.
>
> I have read that either endpoint have to be either a master or slave to
> communicate to each other. I see in the logs that both are shown to be a
> slave. The pbx side has to be set to slave. How can I lock the asterisk
> side to be a master? Or is this something to worry about?

Hi Daren,

I believe the endpoints negotiate the master slave thing, so I'm not
sure this is the issue here.

I had the exact same problem when I set up and it was caused by a codec
mismatch, but I'm sure there are other factors that will give the same
result.

Sorry I can't offer any more.

Regards,

Richard