[Asterisk-Users] app_wakeme.c (Wake-up Call Manager) v0.1.0 released

Michael Iedema mriedema at gmail.com
Wed May 10 10:28:23 MST 2006

(apologies if this is a dup but my original message never showed up
and I mailed it this morning)

> For a linux newb who needs to wake up ? How does one do this ?
> Copy/create a app_wakeme.c in the source directory then compile asterisk ?
> How do I call it in dialplan ?

(first)
% cd /usr/src/asterisk/apps

(if you're running 1.2)
% wget https://tk-labor.dyndns.org:8443/pub/files/app_wakeme/app_wakeme_v0.1.1_1.2.c
% mv app_wakeme_v0.1.1_1.2.c app_wakeme.c

(otherwise if you're running the svn trunk)
% wget https://tk-labor.dyndns.org:8443/pub/files/app_wakeme/app_wakeme_v0.1.1_trunk.c
% mv app_wakeme_v0.1.1_trunk.c app_wakeme.c

(and finally)
% cd ..
% make install

Then, somewhere in extensions.conf

[your-context-here]
exten => 9253,1,Answer
exten => 9253,2,WakeMe
exten => 9253,3,Hangup

You can change 9253 to whatever you want (9253 == WAKE).

That should get you on your way.  I just rolled out of bed so forgive
any stupidities.

Hope that helps,
--Michael I.