[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID forwarding

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed May 10 07:00:33 MST 2006

this should work:

-call comes in

-you answer with a ZAP FXS device

-you hook flash

-dial a valid internal extension or if your dialplan permits it dial an
outside line (if you have > 1 FX0 port or PRI)
If you have a PRI you can arbitrarily set the caller ID in your dialplan

-hang up. Caller is transferred.

-If you flash instead of hanging up, you are 3 way bridged with the caller.

I tried it last night on my home * box and it worked (tdm400 card)

I looked into DTMF based transfer and management functions last night and
they are quite weak in Asterisk - you really need a SIP phone to do it
correctly. But I saw a post from -dev that someone has a patch for 1.2.5 to
improve this.

hth