[Asterisk-Users] Dropping Number on Dial Out

casasterisk at valnet.com casasterisk at valnet.com
Wed May 10 06:52:06 MST 2006

I have been having a strange issue with my Asterisk 1.2.1 server.  I have a TDM400 for the three POTS lines I have and I can receive calls without any problems.  But sometimes (not everytime, but 70%) when I dial out of those lines it drops a number and of course gives me the telco error message.  How do I know that it's dropping?  Because I thought it was a line problem and the tech came out and found nothing wrong and we could dial out with a phone and have no problem.  I asked the tech to trap the line while we dialed out from Asterisk and he found that on the 10 digit dialing that sometimes only 8 or 9 digits were being passed to the telco switch.

One catch to all of this, I have one of the three lines is a Vonage line - this works everytime and I suppose because the Vonage PAP2 box queues the number before it dials (according to it's dialplan).

I'm not sure where to even look for the answer on this one.  I have looked in the configs and nothing APPEARS wrong but who knows?

I would appreciate any help, this is really annoying!

Thanks,
Craig