[Asterisk-Users] Incoming SIP or IAX2 via NAT

James Nunnerley james at webit.co.uk
Wed May 10 02:34:19 MST 2006

Thanks for the replies guys (Chris & Peter)...

I think I've confused matters by not explaining things properly!

My ISP has my internet connection on a private IP address - so my LAN has an
address (192.168.42.*) and my internet connection has an address 10.100.x.x.

That is then NAT'd again onto a single address used for a large majority of
their customers.  I won't go into the details of exactly why this is the
case, but I used to work for them, and they're still not charging me for the
connection, so I'm not complaining!!!!

I am going to move off it, but it will be a few weeks before I can... so...

Can IAX2 operate over double NAT?  If so, what do I need to put in the
register part of the config?

Cheers
Nunners