[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 2851 as T1 Gateway and Asterisk

jesse-junk at shaw.ca jesse-junk at shaw.ca
Tue May 9 14:57:08 MST 2006

I have configured an asterisk server and Cisco router to provide T1 access out
to the PSTN.

I have a real simple dial plan as all incoming calls from the PSTN just get
passed to Asterisk and all outgoing calls from Asterisk just get passed to the
PSTN.

All is working for outbound calling.  And inbound calling is only working if I
have allowguest=no in the sip.conf.

If I do not allow guest connections to the Asterisk server inbound calls fail
with the following message;

chan_sip.c:10319 handle_request_invite: Failed to authenticate user
<sip:xxxxxxxxxx at 10.1.2.181>;tag=1568360-2675

Where xxxxxxxxxx is calling number?  When I allowguest all works like it
should.

I think I must be missing something in term of authenticating the router to the
Asterisk server.

Below is my dial-peers, sip-ua on my cisco router and my sip.conf settings.

**** from Cisco - 2 PRI ports in ****

dial-peer voice 101 pots
 destination-pattern .T
 direct-inward-dial