[Asterisk-Users] TE411P or TE410P

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Tue May 9 11:50:54 MST 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Bruce Reeves wrote:

> I am looking at the two Digium cards mentioned and am not sure if the
echo
> cancelation is a must. The sever is a 2.8Ghz P4 with 2 GB of ram, and is
> only for routing PSTN connections to another * server. I would like the
> advice of the list before making my final decision.
>
> --
> Bruce
> Nortex Networks

This really depends on how many calls you're wanting to put through the
system.  We had an undying echo on ours, dual 2.8s with 4 GB of ram, so we
decided to up to the echo can's and it's worked like a charm since.
Personally, the hardware echo cancelling is a lot better, but it really
depends on your preference and how much load that machine is going to have
in the long run.

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician