[Asterisk-Users] PSTN Incoming call on real line disrupts VoIP call over DSL circuit - EXPLAINED

Juergen K. Zick syscon-lists at ifa.uni-kassel.de
Tue May 9 11:41:21 MST 2006

Well,

to avoid a misunderstanding see the following drawing:

                                             /-------DSL-MODEM-----HT-----PC
                                            H|                      |
                                   +----------+                   Inet-PHONE
from BellSouth (DSL over POTS) ---| SPLITTER |
                                   +----------+

                                             \------------------------------
                                                     answering            POTS
                                                     machine              phone

(maybe you have to reformat it into COURIER font)

It's depending on the calling in your father`s flat but on the incoming
line you should have only _ONE_ device, the SPLITTER !!!

maybe your dad can try that ...

All DSL connections in Germany are build up like that and I have not seen
any that did _not_ work with this cabling ...

--Jürgen