[Asterisk-Users] Shared call recordings with ARI!

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Tue May 9 08:46:22 MST 2006

On 5/9/06, Dan Littlejohn <dan.littlejohn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/06, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> > Mimmus wrote:
> >
> > > Where is the problem? Asterisk or ARI?
> >
> > Since Asterisk has no control over permissions, where the files are
> > located or the users' names/passwords, it can't possibly be Asterisk.
> >

> It sounds like a configuration problem, but may be a bug.  How do you
> have the variable
> $CALLMONITOR_ADMIN_EXTENSIONS set in main.conf.php?
>
> If you have all of the extensions set as admin, then everyone will be
> able to see everyone elses conversations.  If you do not, then provide
> a snapshot of A or B ARI on the page showing the conversation.  If you
> have the extension or callerid the same for A B C and D then they will
> be able to see all the conversations.
>
> Dan
> 512.791.0137
> www.littlejohnconsulting.com

I understand the problem better now.

This is related to call file matching when not using a uniqueid in the
cdr database.  Since a uniqueid cannot be matched, a time range is
used for matching, because the call recordings of on-demand calls do
not start when the call starts.  That means, if a call starts at
12:00:00 and ends at 12:01:00, all on-demand calls from 12:00:00 to
12:01:00 will match call log entries (example 12:00:37).  The only way
to fix this is to use the uniqueid matching method.  The
DMYSQL_LOGUNIQUEID must be set in the asterisk-addons module and in
the ARI main.conf.php file, the setting
$CALLMONITOR_ONLY_EXACT_MATCHING should be set to "1"

I would default the asterisk-addons module to always set the uniqueid
setting, but this is beyond my control.