[Asterisk-Users] [SOLUTION] DTMF Tones occures in Asterisk

Stefan Agethen stagethen at baeckereiagethen.de
Tue May 9 01:49:19 MST 2006

I got a Problem with DTMF occuring channelwide in my SIP/ZAPPhones.

I want to post the Solution for this, so others can find it and help
themself.

Problem : DTMF Tones like "9" "*" "#" been sent randomly in the middle
of my conversations.
That was distracting and sometimes a bad DTMF Tone like "*" or "#" could
do more than i believe ;)

I cant figure out why there a occure and how.
Tracing : Activate the LOG for DTMF Tones in Asterisk itself. (logger.conf)

Solution : Check your Kernel Version, i used 2.6.8-2-386 with Debian
Sarge, i have updated Debian with the "backports" in the sources.list ,
easy, safe and fast, recompiled the whole asterisk and addons and i cant
believe, no dtmf anymore !

If you are in need - post back.

Best Wishes,

Stefan from Germany in school english!