[Asterisk-Users] Unwanted conference with snom320 and asterisk1.07bristuffed

Tommaso Calosi tommaso.calosi.list at sysmic.it
Tue May 9 01:39:17 MST 2006

I've tested this problem pretty much in these days.

-  A ( Snom 320 ) put B caller on Hold
-  C calls A
- A press the transfer button twice
- Now B and C are connected ( makes no sense to me )

So, for one side there is a human error ( the operator should not press
the transfer button twice ) BUT SNOM MAKES ALL MORE COMPLICATED!!!.

I think this feature is just causing problem to most of the snom users.
It would be a very good thing if snom could disable this feature or at
least make it possible to disable from users.

This behavior is 100% indipendent from the Call join on Xfer setting.

This is the answer from snom

Dear Tommaso Calosi,

Is the initial problem still present with V5.5?

However Call join on Xfer works like this: When this feature is turned
to "on", you will connect an incoming call to, for example, a colleague
you already have on hold by pressing "TRANSFER". You will not be able to
pick one of severals calls on hold to transfer the call to. If this is
your usual scenario, set this feature to "off" and use the function keys
<-/-> to select the calls to be joined! Press "TRANSFER" and "ENTER" to
join them.

If you have only two calls involved you can use Call join on Xfer. Only
if you except many simultaneous calls on "HOLD" do not use it. However
none of the transfer scenarios is supposed to switch to conference mode.

Any new observations you may report me again.