[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk/Zaptel 64-bit?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon May 8 14:22:51 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 02:03 +0800, Kenige Ho wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I was wondering will there be any problems or changes that I will need
> to do to compile the current
> Asterisk(1.2.7)/Zaptel(1.2.5)/Libpri(1.2.2) source from
> www.asterisk.org into a 64-bit binaries?  I am currently using the
> following hardware for my new server.
>
> CPU: Pentium D 930 3.0 GHz
> Mobo: Intel D945PSN Motherboard
> RAM: 512MB 533MHz DDR-2
> Drive: SATA II Seagate 160GB
> Card: TE406 Digium Card
> OS: Fedore Core 5

Although I don't have any experience with your particular hardware,
afaik there is no issue with building and running zaptel, libpri and
asterisk on x86_64 hardware. Works fine for many. You can find (S)RPMs
at http://atrpms.net and at http://www.laimbock.com/asterisk/ If you
search on http://voip-info.org there are more places where you can find
packages for FC5. If I may make a suggestion: have you thought about
getting another harddisk and run the two in a RAID1 setup? The cost of
the extra harddisk versus the cost of being down on a 4 span card is
something probably worth considering.

Regards,
Patrick