[Asterisk-Users] PSTN Incoming call on real line disrupts VoIP call over DSL circuit

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Mon May 8 12:00:20 MST 2006

Jerry Jones wrote:
> I would guess either the DSL itself is bad or perhaps the dsl Modem.
> perhaps calling Bellsouth would be helpful? Does other Internet traffic
> get interrupted also?

The rest of the Internet traffic is _not_ interrupted, and his voice
continues to be heard, so even that part of the connection continues
uninterrupted.

I'm not sure how to diagnose whether the modem is bad or not, given that
other traffic (and half of this traffic) continues to flow over it. I
can only imagine calling Bellsouth and being told "we don't support VoIP
unless you buy our VoIP service...".

Thanks Jerry!