[Asterisk-Users] asterisk with Dialogic BRI /2VFD

Paul Hewlett paul at cottonpickinminds.co.za
Sun May 7 05:43:05 MST 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 11:08, richard Coco wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have an Asterisk box with an Eicon 4BRI with
> chan_capi-cm and every thing works fine. We now plan
> to install a new Asterisk using a Dialogic BRI/2VFD.
> Is the Dialogic card supported and can i use
> chan_capi-cm? Has anyone managed to install this card?
> Unfortunately i was unable to find documentation about
> Asterisk with Dialogic?
>
> thx in advance for your input!!!

   I researched this issue and came to the following :

          - Intel and Digium have commercial agreement to support Dialogic on
Asterisk.
          - dialogic drivers are closed source - you have to apply to digium
for a special license for the dialogic drivers. I had the impression that
this would require purchasing Asterisk business Edition as well.

Paul