[Asterisk-Users] more one asterisk hardware

Tofik Suleymanov secnews at oxygen.az
Sun May 7 02:41:46 MST 2006

Hello list,

We are going to build and deploy telephony-system for approx ~1000 users
with ASTERISK as main PBX.I was googling through this mailing list and
found a lot of useful information.Some of my questions solved ,some
other are still on agenda.Below I will formulate short questions that
are still unanswered:

1. What are pros and cons of using SER with ASTERISK ?
2. Should we place SER as a registar server or only as a load balancer
(or maybe both) ?
3. What hardware SIP phones are known to work flawlessly in production
system with ~1000 users, and where can we buy this amount of phones with
the best possible discount ? More about features of those phones please.
4. What hardware (ram,cpu , ... etc etc) should be used in a such
environment to make ASTERISK happy ?
5. What if we run ASTERISK on FreeBSD instead of Linux ? Cons and pros
please.

Thank you,

Tofik Suleymanov