[Asterisk-Users] Register Asterisk to FWD via SIP

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Sat May 6 11:45:38 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 14:32 -0400, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 12:07:33PM -0600, Joseph wrote:
> > As described in: With NAT between Asterisk and FWD
> > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+How+to+connect+to+FWD
>
> Why not use IAX to connect there?

I'm using IAX but for the last two days or so FWD IAX server is down and
IAX has been an experimental to FWD ever since I remember so they don't
support it (which I don't care about support) and it is not a priority
to them; nor I believe it will be working this weekend (and I needed
urgently this weekend).

I tried to find a solution to register Sipura directly to my Asterisk
sever (bypassing FWD) but I can not put the pieces together (double NAT
environment).
Asterisk <--> NAT <--> Internet <--> NAT <--> Sipura-3K (No Asterisk)

So I took my spare Sipura-2K and register it to FWD (via SIP) as a stand
alone unit and it is working OK (the voice connection is much getter as
well).
So it makes me think why not duplicate Sipura approach and try to use
SIP with FWD but that is not working correctly with Asterisk, as I've
mentioned above.

--
#Joseph