[Asterisk-Users] TDM4xxP

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Sat May 6 10:46:41 MST 2006

tom wrote:
> Sean Cook wrote:
>
>> hmmmmm... why not just use ztdummy and save the $150 for the card?
>>
>> Sean
>>

> Maybe he amalgamated 2 cards and has one left over.
> Maybe he doesn't want to compile USB support for his kernel.

I have an SGI Altix 350 with dual Itaniums.  I tried compiling ztdummy
but it wont run without recompiling the kernel with some 1000kz
setting.  This is a 24/7 high volume call center.  Seems much less
likely to cause problems by just popping in a card.

I have a card with no modules sitting gathering dust so no additional
cost and less downtime to pop a card in as opposed to recompiling a
kernel and hoping it comes back up.  We lose $16,000/hr if the switch
goes down.

Thanks,
Steve