[Asterisk-Users] Re: Code parsing error?

David L. West nntp at deskoptional.com
Fri May 5 19:45:31 MST 2006

Oh, on the off chance that it's interesting to anybody what I'm actually doing here.

I have two SIP devices, "dave" and "dave-laptop".  I want to have  one voicemail box but be able to check it from either one.  In sip.conf, both devices have "mailbox=dave".  It's this setting that I'm retrieving with the code below and passing into VoiceMailMain.
  "David L. West" <nntp at deskoptional.com> wrote in message news:e3gep4$os9$1 at sea.gmane.org...
  This code executes just fine, and leaves the SIP peer's mailbox setting from sip.conf in variable target.

      exten => 1,1,Set(target=${CHANNEL:4}-)
      exten => 1,n,Set(target=${SIPPEER(${CUT(target,,1)}:mailbox})
      exten => 1,n,VoiceMailMain(${target})

  However, every time it runs I get an error in the CLI as follows

      WARNING[5629]: pbx.c:1366 ast_func_read: Can't find trailing parenthesis?

  This happens right after it executes the first line of code, then execution continues normally.  I've looked at this until my eyes crossed at don't see any unbalanced parens or brackets. Perhaps I shouldn't worry since it seems to work, but what's going on here?