[Asterisk-Users] Bandwidth via my Asterisk PBX

Dakota Burns dakota.burns at gmail.com
Fri May 5 14:48:49 MST 2006

Am new to Asterisk - have it up and running & connected to a couple service
providers (telasip & teliax).  Nice!

Am running our Asterisk PBX on a static DSL connection (~600 kbps up/~4mbps
down), and would like to extend VoIP service to 10 non-profits we're working
with.  Am I correct in assuming that all calls from each organization would
route through our Asterisk server & be passed off to the service provider (
i.e. TelaSip, Teliax) thus keeping our bandwidth requirements to a minimum?
Or - are ALL calls that route through our Asterisk PBX consuming our
bandwidth through the duration of the call?

Thanks,
Dakota