[Asterisk-Users] Dumping queue_log to MySQL

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Fri May 5 08:57:38 MST 2006

Kevin Savoy wrote:

> Anyone have a working solution for this? I played with the demo that
> came with QueueMetrics to see how they were doing it and it was
> working for a bit but now somehow every night it stopped. Perl and
> Tail are still running on the server but the information is not
> dumping to the MySQL database. I don’t get any error messages anywhere
> telling me why it stops. As far as tail and perl are concerned
> everything is fine.
>
> We will be using this for a call center and need more reliability.
> Anyone got one working?

Kevin,

We are using QueueMetrics to provide reporting for our inbound call
center activities. On a heavy day we're handling 13,000+ calls spread
across roughly 6 to 10 queues. Due to some of the specifics or our
setup, we are using a custom program to load queue_log data into MySQL.

There may be a little tweaking involved to get things up and running
(it's rare to find a product that is a *perfect* fit for your business),
but once you're there I think you'd be happy with QueueMetrics. The
developers are very responsive to feedback and our floor managers are
extremely pleased with the reporting.

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer