[Asterisk-Users] SPA941 SPA942 BUG. auto answer does not work.

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu May 4 18:01:30 MST 2006

Asterisk wrote:

> Hello all,
> I want to report a BUG with the Linksys SPA94X so it is general
> knowledge and that we can all make noise about it so it will get fixed
> sooner..
>
> The handsets do not work with the SIP flag to make them AUTO-ANSWER.
> (As documented is should)
> Ie, you cannot use them with intercom or Page features.
>
> This works with the Sipura841 fine.  So linksys broke it.  Um..
> interesting is it not, considering it works with there SPA9000
> unit...  sounds a bit fishy to me..
>
> So any Linksys owners using Asterisk, do pass on some discontentment,
> and Email linksys tech support at
> _sipura-support at external.cisco.com_
> <mailto:sipura-support at external.cisco.com>
> And tell them you have this issue..
>

> James

Curious, as I tried to get this to work with the 841, and though the
phone does auto answer, the called or paged party hears dial tone as
well as the page, just as if one went off hook by pressing the speaker
button. The Pager does NOT hear dial tone.
I sent support some information, but so far no help. They asked for more
and I have yet to get back to them

Curious, very curious.