[Asterisk-Users] why a perfectly fine iax2 host becomes UNREA CHABLE?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu May 4 15:44:33 MST 2006

>That is not a good metric for call completion.  Shitty quality will not be
>counted in that metric...

Ah, true dat. However, if quality was crappy believe me my users would let
me know. They are salespeople and wholly intolerant of anything that keeps
them from yipping on the phone. I also run exactly the same rig at my house
backhauled to our main Asterisk box to force me to eat my own dog food, and
Snom > SIP > * > IAX2 > * > PRI sounds perfect pretty much 100% of the time.
The only time I get chop is when I use my cordless to the TDM400: Cordless >
TDM400 > * > IAX2 > * > PRI. Salespeople keep asking for cordless phones,
but I keep telling them forget it. Cordless to an FXS to IAX over the
Internet is just begging for trouble.