[Asterisk-Users] Unable to get TDM400p working

Ben Gore ben at cleocat.com
Thu May 4 13:12:02 MST 2006

This has got to be a stupid error I'm making...

I have been experimenting with different hardware and software
configurations before I decide what to use as a production platform. Up
until just recently things were going well.

But now it appears I'm unable to get access to my TDM400p from Asterisk. I
know the TDM card works fine, used it in another machine where it
performed flawlessly. I have been using the same set of conf files, just
copying them over from machine to machine. The hardware is Pentium 4
all-Intel chipset mainboard.

The one difference here is I'm trying CentOS. I've been through the
problems getting Zaptel to compile with the error in spinlock.h. I got
to...

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels configured.

and thought I was home free. Wrong!

zttool recognizes the card properly and reports status "OK"

Asterisk runs and I can make calls on SIP phones with no problems. However
I get no dial tone on the analog phone and outgoing calls through the TDM
(from the SIP phones of course!) produce this on the console:

NOTICE[5934]: app_dial.c:1010 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of
type 'Zap' (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
    -- Executing Congestion("SIP/100-24d1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (internal, 91234567, 102) exited non-zero on
'SIP/100-24d1'

The conf files are the same as they were on another working machine, I
just copied them over. I'll be going over them /again/ next.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

-Ben