[Asterisk-Users] Tool for Polycom configurations

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu May 4 12:20:17 MST 2006

Something I made might help.
http://www.horanappraisals.com/asterisk/polycom_addphone/  -- there is a
script, addphone, and a folder called defaults that contains the
templates.

To use, I put the defaults folder and its contents and the addphone
script in my ftp or tftp root.  I would make sure that phoneX.cfg
contains the proper reg password.  and make sure
000000000000-directory.xml contains the global dir you want all phones
to begin with.

Then, from the (t)ftp root, run

addone macaddress extension display_name
i.e.:
addone 001122334455 110 Mojo

the results of this would be:

Creating 001122334455.cfg to point to extension 110
Creating phone110.cfg for extension 110, DisplayName Mojo, to point to
mac address 001122334455
Creating 001122334455-directory.xml from default company directory
Done!

Any questions feel free to ask me off-list.

Moj

Bruce Reeves wrote:
> I am getting read to roll out close to 100 polycom phones and wondered
> if any one knows of a program to take a list of MAC addresses,
> extensions, and names and generate the configuration files?
>
> --
> Bruce
> Nortex Networks

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>