[Asterisk-Users] Can I recreate a Fax from a recorded file?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu May 4 09:41:12 MST 2006

>Why not capture the faxes (in or out) in tiff format, instead of audio
>format?  Setup your asterisk box to relay faxes!

I think in this case the impact on the client would be much greater if you
can show them a recreation of the image from the raw data; you could always
claim that a TIFF file was altered (which it can be, trivially) but it's
pretty much impossible to change the raw audio to your ends unless you are
in a Tom Clancy novel. I'm watching this thread closely because where I work
there's a lot of "he-said, she-said" over faxes too. If anyone can work out
an example with SpanDSP, please share with the class!