[Asterisk-Users] why a perfectly fine iax2 host becomes UNREACHABLE?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu May 4 09:19:15 MST 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 11:31, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> I've got this low-ping 100%-up dsl connection between two asterisk
> 1.2.7.1 servers. And oftentimes one of them would declare its opposite
> UNREACHABLE.

I see this happen on occasion as well -- same type of setup here, static IPs,
no DNS, route seems just fine.  I even have qualify smoothing turned on,
because I thought that the odd UDP packet would just get lost and cause this,
but that doesn't seem to help at all.

This occurs with every version of Asterisk I've used (svn trunk), including
the latest checkout in late April.

-A.