[Asterisk-Users] Internet exposed asterisk server.

Jan du Toit jan.du.toit at decisionworx.com
Thu May 4 03:39:32 MST 2006

Hi.

I have a soft phone (X-Lite) which registers with a asterisk server that
can only be accessible once we have some virtual private network
software up and running.
With the above scenario everything works fine.

In the mean time the asterisk server was exposed to the internet, thus
the virtual private network software is no longer needed. But when I try
and register it gives me the following:

    Registration from 'User <sip:User at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>' failed for
'yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy' - Wrong password

Were xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the internal ip of the asterisk server, not the
ip the external ip (the ip on the internet) and were yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy is
my external ip address as seen on the internet.

I trippled check all the authentication details.
Why is it not working on the exposed server?

Did I do something wrong? Is there special confugurations when exposing
an asterisk server?

Thanks in advance.