[Asterisk-Users] number that starts with star on PAP2

Warren Burstein warren at softov.co.il
Thu May 4 03:34:31 MST 2006

We have some extensions in our dialplan that start with a star.  We can
dial them from Zap phones and SIP phones, but not from phones connected
to a PAP2.  After the user presses star follwed by two digits (our
extensions are dialed with star followed by three digits) he hears a
fast-busy that comes from the PAP2, not from Asterisk.  This also
happens with the builtin *8 (call pickup).

In the PAP2's setup there are all of these "Vertical Service Activation
Codes" that start with star and "Outbound Call Codec Selection Codes",
also the setup menu is accessed by pressing star four times, could they
be intefering with dialing numbers that start with a star?  And is there
any way to get *8 and *XXX to dial?

thanks