[Asterisk-Users] Running applications when a queued call isanswered

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Wed May 3 17:08:18 MST 2006

>From the queues.com file.

; An announcement may be specified which is played for the member as
; soon as they answer a call, typically to indicate to them which queue
; this call should be answered as, so that agents or members who are
; listening to more than one queue can differentiated how they should
; engage the customer
;
;announce = queue-markq

This allows you to have one announcement per queue, You could use a
script to change the file, but it does not lock the file so if you
change it while it is being read the other person (agent) hears the
change

Do you want a dynamic message played to each agent before he picks up??

That can also be done, but it is not as simple.