[Asterisk-Users] hyperthreading and zaptel

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed May 3 16:17:35 MST 2006

My Dell 2800 Dual 64bit  Proc. machine came in with hyperthreading enabled. (they call it virtual processor??)

I have been intending for a month to disable it.

Tonight, I rebooted, turned it off, and let the system come up.

zaptel loaded and asterisk loaded, but both of my t1s were red. (it is a TE411P)
/proc/interrupts looked OK, zttest gave OK numbers.
I doublechecked all of the files in case I changed something else accidentally.
I tried various combinations of unloading, loading the modules and ztcfg, etc.

Finally, I decided to turn hyperthreading back on, and everything is back to normal.

Unless there is somewhere in CentOS 4.3 that has the processor count hardcoded from the install, I am baffled by this.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org