[Asterisk-Users] dialing FXO gives wrong billsec

Yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Wed May 3 14:07:35 MST 2006

Hi all,

I came across a new(to me that is) issue.  I want to know from others what
they have done to resolve this.  I have a 4 port digium card with FXO's,
and connected to each FXO is a premicell.  When I dial the premicell,
after about two seconds is says 'ZAP/1 answered', then it takes a few more
seconds for the call to hit the cellular network, before the cellphone
starts to ring.  However, asterisk sees the 'ZAP/1 answered' as the cell
phone being answered, so my billsecs in the cdr's are off by ten seconds
or so, and all the cdr's are 'ANSWERED', even though the cell phone was
not answered.

my dial string looks like so: (all calls come in to inbound)

[inbound]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(ZAP/1)

I have a standard zaptel and zapata, Asterisk 1.2.6

thanks,
yusuf

believed to be clean.