[Asterisk-Users] /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ failure: the plot thickens

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Wed May 3 11:44:09 MST 2006

On 3 May 2006, at 19:33, Tom Engleward wrote:

> Please please, if anybody has experience using
> /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ with SIP and IAX2
> trunks, please explain what's going wrong here.

I think you are misunderstanding the way call files work.

They connect _2_ ends,
here's what the wiki says:
> Channel: <channel>: Channel to use for the outbound call
> Callerid: <id> Caller ID
> MaxRetries: <number> Number of retries before failing (not
> including the initial attempt, e.g. 0 = total of 1 attempt to make
> the call)
> RetryTime: <number> Seconds between retries, don't hammer an
> unavailable phone
> WaitTime: <number> Seconds to wait for an answer
> Account: Set the account code to use.
> If the call answers, connect it here
> Context: <context-name> Context in extensions.conf
> Extension: <ext> Extension definition in extensions.conf
> Data: The options to be passed to application

So the _channel_ has to be the whole thing - including the number
'far' you want to dial
the _extension_ and _context_ are the 'near' end of the call.

Your debug shows
> CALLED NUMBER   : s

meaning that you have tried to call 's' not your ten digit number.

Try

Channel: IAX2/foo/15555555555

Tim Panton
tim at mexuar.com