[Asterisk-Users] echo in Snom 360 phones

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Wed May 3 11:43:26 MST 2006

Hi all,

One of my users reports frequently hearing echo on her Snom 360 phone,
even while talking to other Snom phones (via Asterisk) on the same LAN
(i.e., all-digital low-latency connection). I can never reproduce it
though, and swapping the phone didn't help.

Has anyone else seen "mystery echo" on Snom phones? Any suggestions for
debugging?

On my own Snom 360, I sometimes hear an echo for the first second or
two, and then it goes away. I guess an echo cancellation circuit kicks
in, inside the Snom.

- Mike