[Asterisk-Users] SendURL

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Wed May 3 10:45:17 MST 2006

Scott Gifford a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I just started working with Asterisk about a month ago, and so far
> I've had great luck with it!  Things I expected to be hard were easy,
> and it's easy to customize.  Thanks!
>
> I'm trying to send a URL with a queue; that is, when an agent picks up
> the phone, I'd like a particular URL to be displayed on the agent's
> screen, depending on the queue or the dialed number (DNIS).  The
> Queue() application supports this via a URL parameter, which is
> exactly what I want.  But I can't seem to find a client that will do
> anything with the URL.  I tried creating an extension that just uses
> SendURL, and nothing seemed to work there, either.  I'm testing on
> Linux; the actual application will probably run on Windows initially,
> then hopefully move to Linux over the next few months, so something
> cross-platform would be ideal.  So, a few questions on this:
>
>   * Does Asterisk support SendURL over SIP, or only over IAX?  Is
>     there support in the SIP protocol for sending URLs or similar?
>
>   * Does anybody know of a softphone that works with Asterisk's
>     SendURL command?  Cross-platform would be nice, open source ideal.

May I suggest MozIAX: it's a Mozilla / Firefox extension, so it does
natively support receiving URL from Asterisk. It also adds "tel:"
protocol to Firefox, so you can call from the web page. MozIAX also
supports receiving / sending text messages to / from Asterisk, for chat
sessions. It is open source, runs on windows and linux, and was reported
to work on OS X. More info at: http://moziax.mozdev.org/.

Thanks,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux                  Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 483 527 / GSM: +689 797 527