[Asterisk-Users] SendURL

Scott Gifford sgifford at suspectclass.com
Wed May 3 07:52:47 MST 2006

Hello,

I just started working with Asterisk about a month ago, and so far
I've had great luck with it!  Things I expected to be hard were easy,
and it's easy to customize.  Thanks!

I'm trying to send a URL with a queue; that is, when an agent picks up
the phone, I'd like a particular URL to be displayed on the agent's
screen, depending on the queue or the dialed number (DNIS).  The
Queue() application supports this via a URL parameter, which is
exactly what I want.  But I can't seem to find a client that will do
anything with the URL.  I tried creating an extension that just uses
SendURL, and nothing seemed to work there, either.  I'm testing on
Linux; the actual application will probably run on Windows initially,
then hopefully move to Linux over the next few months, so something
cross-platform would be ideal.  So, a few questions on this:

  * Does Asterisk support SendURL over SIP, or only over IAX?  Is
    there support in the SIP protocol for sending URLs or similar?

  * Does anybody know of a softphone that works with Asterisk's
    SendURL command?  Cross-platform would be nice, open source ideal.

  * If not, can anybody recommend a good open-source softphone that
    I could add URL support to?

Thanks!

----Scott.