[Asterisk-Users] Hi...Please help me

William Piper billy at kersting.com
Wed May 3 05:59:36 MST 2006

Wouldn't it be easier to replace the callername to the exten.

example:

exten => _x.,1,SetCallerIDname(${EXTEN})
exten => _x.,2,SetCallerIDnum(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _x.,3,dial,SIP/number

That way, the Caller Name would show the extension it is ringing and the
callerid will still show the calling party.

Now you don't need the softphone to do it... just a phone with callerid.

bp