[Asterisk-Users] Limit on number of SIP channels?

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Wed May 3 05:45:35 MST 2006

Can anyone tell me what limits the total number of SIP channels available? I'm
just setting up an Asterisk system and have found that I seem to be limited to
about 5 - is there a configuration option somewhere? call-limit is not set in
sip.conf.

The symptoms:

If I have two incoming SIP connections, each connected to a local SIP phone, an
attempt to make a further inbound SIP call gets me to asterisk, but trying to
put the call through to a local SIP phone results in a channel unavailable
error. Similar things happen when I try to call out. An inbound IAX call can be
put through to the SIP phone. But having done that, further inbound SIP calls do
nothing at all - no apparent response from *. All the inbound calls are using
GSM and there is plenty of bandwidth left. It just seems like I can get to five
SIP connections and no more.

--
Chris Hastie