[Asterisk-Users] asterisk intergration in third party web application

ChaosMedia > WebDev webdev at chaosmedia.org
Wed May 3 03:19:59 MST 2006

lo all,

i'm quite new to asterisk, i've tested asterisk at home and decided to try
and complete a little project.

i'd like to make some kind of web integration of asterisk with a classic
web board like invision/SFM/phpbb and so on..
The main idea is to let members of the board have an extension created
in asterisk when they register or get promoted to a special members group.
That way they can simply send vocal messages to other members or call
anyone online and so on..

In order to do that i'd need to be able to update asterisk config to add
extensions, modify passwords, account names and so on from inside the
board code.

My favorite choice would be to modify asterisk config in a mysql
database and i've seen that freepbx does that but i was wondering if
modifying that very same database from the board code would work too.
I haven't checked freepbx code yet so i'm not sure if it requires some
additional shell tools to change asterisk config from the web interface..

In fact i was expecting asterisk to have some kind of configuration that
would enable mysql but i can't seem to find anything like that, like it
exists with some other linux daemons (snort, postfix and so on..)
i've read that mysql support was removed from asterisk because of
license problems but was brought back thru addons, right ?
Then could someone point me to some example where asterisk is mysql
driven thru that addon, i've read a few amp turtorials but i'm not quite
sure it does anything different from a regular asterisk install..

thx

Webdev