[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk auto-dial out: behaviour difference between analog and ISDN channel

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Wed May 3 01:07:49 MST 2006

Hi,
I have an Asterisk 1.2.1 box on a Debian Sarge with a TDM400P and a
beronet monoBRI ISDN card.
I need to make an auto-dial out call and I have two choices: use an
analog channel or an ISDN channel.
When I make an auto-dial out call using an analog channel, Asterisk
makes the calling phone ring while trying to connect to the  other
party: this is the behaviour I want, so the caller knows  his/her phone
is trying to call.
When I do the same using an ISDN channel, Asterisk does not make the
caller phone ring, so the caller does not know the phone is calling.

Is there anybody who experienced this problem and solved it?

TIA

Giorgio Incantalupo

P.S.: I paste my mISDN.conf here if it can help:

*[general]
debug = 0
tracefile = /var/log/asterisk/misdn.trace
trace_calls = false
trace_dir = /var/log/asterisk/misdn
bridging = yes
stop_tone_after_first_digit = yes