[Asterisk-Users] Need help in asterisk fax

Alessio Focardi afocardi at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:28:08 MST 2006

On 5/2/06, Gidean Chan <gidean at navitele.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to make it work?
> I have asterisk 1.10.006 and hylafax in the same linux server.
> 2 x100p on PCI slots connected with 2 PSTN lines.

In my opinion you have two options:

1) setup iaxmodem for hylafax and use asterisk as pbx and hylafax for
faxing; you can also host the both on the same server

2) install app_txfax and app_rxfax for asterisk and use them to send and
receive fax

If you have more experience in hlyfax than asterisk probably you should go
with the first solution

Hope it helps!

I was using hylafax on one line with an external modem before.