[Asterisk-Users] Ringing extensions in a call group.

Brian McCarey brian_mccarey at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 13:13:29 MST 2006

Hi all,

I've got an Asterisk at home system running the new Free PBX front. It's
solved all our small office VOIP phone system which we are using as our only
source of telephone communications.

Anyway, I have set up a few ring groups.

The first rings the internal office extensions. After 15 seconds it switches
to the second ring group which rings two cell (mobile) numbers and should
ring the same extensions as in the first ring group

Ring group 1: extension 100, extension 101
Ring group 2: group 200, group 201, extension 100, extension 101
Ring group 200: cell number A
Ring group 201: cell number B

All groups are set to ringall

When an incoming call arrives, extension 100 rings and after a delay of 5
seconds or so, extension 101 joins in. 10 seconds later both extensions stop
and cell number A starts ringing.

The problem is that Cell number B or extensions 100 and 101 do not ring.

I want 200, 201, Extension 100 & 101 all to ring together while on ring
group 2.

Why does asterisk not do this?

Kind regards

Brian