[Asterisk-Users] Random 1-way audio on IAX2 Connections

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue May 2 02:03:07 MST 2006

On 29 Apr 2006, at 03:10, Aryn Nakaoka wrote:

> I have 2 Asterisk servers connected via IAX2 connections.
>

> PBX1 is on the internet with a public IP Address
>
>             - with PRI
>
> PBX 2 is behind a NAT router with IAX2 Ports forwarded
>

> 1-way audio is an issue with incoming and outgoing calls using the
> PRI. However whenever 1-way audio occurs, PBX2 can call PBX1
> extensions and there are no issues. As well as a restart of
> asterisk on PBX2 clears up the problem.

If you are using IAX2, you don't need to port forward the ports.
Just have PBX2 register _often_ and that will keep a mapping in your
router.
(also you _don't_ need to enable _any_ TCP ports - IAX2 is UDP only)

> Any bugs in IAX2?

If the problem does not go away when you turn off port forwarding, do
an iax2 debug on PBX1 and
send me a log of a call that fails and I'll take a look.

Tim.

Tim Panton
tim at mexuar.com