[Asterisk-Users] Re: 482 Loop Detected on sip calls

Ajit ajit at onmobile.com
Mon May 1 23:57:25 MST 2006

Hi,
Joshua wrote:
>> Why don't you use something like the chan_local channel driver to send
>>the call into the dialplan where it will then execute the extension.
 Joshua,sorry i don't understand "chan_local channel driver to send
the call" . Could you explain or link to appropriate documentation.Can i do
this via the manager interface.

>>You're looping
>>an outbound call back inbound to the same box, with the same callid...
>>so it's perceiving it as a loop.
 It seems that the UAC (orignating the call) and the UAS (recieving the
call) are sharing a transaction database which causes this
behaviour.According to RFC 3261 the incoming request are to be matched
against server transactions, not client transactions.
 I am planning on modifying the source to allow the call to be answered
rather than detect a loop in this particular case.

Also note that the reason i'm doing this is as i need both legs of the call
to process FAGI scripts.
Regards,
Ajit