[Asterisk-Users] Using frequent keepalives to eliminate need forNAT port forwarding?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Mon May 1 17:35:08 MST 2006

Qualify=yes will send a SIP OPTIONS periodically and keep the NAT open,
if you use 1 to 1 NAT (versus PAT where it is "many to one NAT") it will
work because port 5060 on the private address will still be port 5060 on
the public address.

With PAT the port could be anything over 1024, but usually much higher,
and the originator will send to port 5060, which your NAT router will
drop.