[Asterisk-Users] SPA-1001 behind NAT -- mucho hair pulling

Eric Lyons eric at gus.to
Mon May 1 16:00:52 MST 2006

I've got a Sipura SPA-1001 that I'm trying to get working with an Asterisk server that's on the public Internet, while the SPA-1001
is behind NAT.  I did the first obvious thing and mapped ports 5060 and 10000 - 30000 to the local IP address of the SPA-1001.
Tried numerous proxy settings, have all the NAT settings == yes.  Registration seems to be happening; with sip debug on, I see it
get an OK and sip show peers shows it on the list.  But I can't get a dial tone.

It works fine connecting to a local Asterisk box (not traversing NAT).

Anyone know the magic trick?  My sip.conf looks like:
[homesip]
type=friend
username=homesip
secret=<pw>
context=fagi
;qualify=yes
host=dynamic
nat=yes

tried qualify both ways.  My sip show peers says:

telebox*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status
homesip/homesip            67.188.35.109    D   N      5060     Unmonitored

Can't seem to find enough info to get this to work, any help appreciated greatly,

Eric.